Interior AHEC works with students to help coordinate housing needs while on clinical rotation. Housing can range from a local hotel, B&B, to complimentary housing on behalf of the rotation site. AHEC has two student rotation coordinators to help you with this process. If you have a clinical rotation in the Fairbanks area please see information below:
1. Sophie Station www.fountainheadhotels.com
2. Super 8 www.super8.com
3. Westmark www.westmarkhotels.com
4. Wedgewood Resort www.fountainheadhotels.com/wedgewood/wedgewood.htm
5. Springhill Suites www.marriott.com/hotels/…/faish-springhill-suites-fairbanks/
FAQ’s for Complementary Student Housing in Fairbanks AK:
1. All apartments are fully furnished. To include linens, pot & pans, dish towels, blankets, iron & ironing board, fully equipped kitchen…..etc.
2. There is no charge for this housing once it is approved through Interior AHEC.
3. Student is responsible for basic cleaning of the apartment while they are residing in the housing.
4. If you are a student coming in from the lower 48, your student coordinator will make arrangements for key pick-up.
5. Internet service is available in all student housing, it is not WiFi though, you will need a CAT five cord to plug in for all internet usage.